Jun 24, 2022
Mechatronics/Hardware Engineer in automotive industry
Robotec.ai specializes in innovative projects for the rapidly growing autonomous vehicles market and driver assistance systems. We work with leading international automotive Partners to develop cutting edge software solutions for autonomous and connected vehicles. Our team consists of experienced specialists and ambitious newcomers. If you have a passion for automotive and hardware engineering, come join us on this exciting journey!
We are looking for a talented junior or mid-level Mechatronics Engineer who will help us build custom hardware for data collection in R&D projects for automotive industry.
Please note that this position requires some physical presence in Warsaw area, Poland.
What you will do:
- Participate in dataset collection projects in a technical engineering role.
- Support deploying custom hardware for automotive R&D projects.
- Test and deploy hardware and software for automotive hardware projects.
- Conduct research and technical work in automotive domain.
- Technical support in both laboratory simulator and naturalistic, in-car data collection campaigns.
- BSc or last year student in Mechatronics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related field.
- At least 1 year of professional or academic experience in a similar role, preferably in automotive sector.
- Good understanding of automotive electrical and wiring systems.
- Good understanding of hardware requirements, electronic parts documentation and E/E architectures and schemes.
- Hardware engineering skills along with laboratory/workshop equipment experience, e.g. soldering iron, multimeter, oscilloscope, function generators.
- Manual skills in installing research equipment, i.e. cable routing, performing connection checks, proper equipment fastening etc.
- Experience in working with Linux (we use Ubuntu 20), as well as with Windows from engineering perspective.
- Practical CAD tools experience.
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Python, Bash, Batch.
- Ability to use specialist knowledge creatively and innovatively to solve problems.
- Ability and strong motivation to learn and upskill rapidly.
- High degree of self-dependence and organizational skills.
- Strong team player, passionate about automotive and hardware domain, self-motivated.
- Fluent English (min. C1).
Nice to have qualifications:
- Professional experience in using Python and C/C++.
- Understanding of automotive sensors, especially camera-based systems.
- Understanding of modern communication protocols and technology used in automotive sector.
- Experience in automotive projects.
- German language, at least B2 level.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary (7000 to 14000 zł + VAT on B2B, contract of employment also possible).
- Opportunity to participate in business trips to large automotive partners and experience different organization workflows.
- Work with experts in automotive systems and hardware/software development.
- Private medical care and sports card.
- Flexible working hours.
- High-class office mixed with remote work.
- Friendly and team-oriented culture.